Friday, August 8, 2008

State of OZ-fairs, Prt 2

Got an email early morning yesterday concerning my move to Brisbane. It appears the federal international research scholarship (IPRS) is in the process of becoming a continuous year-round award. My tuition fee waiver will be processed at the same time as my IPRS application. I have been advised from the postgraduate coordinator at the IMB that there may be delays concerning my tuition fee waiver application as a consequence.
I was also told that if I planned on commencing soon (YES!), the institute thinks they can work around this shortcoming by August 15th. I have no idea as to how they will request permission from the University for my enrollment/visa approval. Perhaps the IMB will 'hire' me in the meanwhile, all I know is that they don't just hand out merit-based scholarships to overseas applicants like candy on Halloween.

No comments: