Sunday, August 24, 2008

So, when am I leaving ?

The last and final step before I fly off to Brisbane is my medical examination and chest X-ray. All visitors to Australia must undergo such tests when staying more than a year or so. Makes sense, since Australia is one of the few countries in the world with 0 cases of tuberculosis year-round.
My appointment is this thursday, and next tuesday for the X-rays. My visa application is submitted and now awaits the medical results. I expect to have the visa anywhere between Sept 7th and Sept 19th, with higher confidence towards the earlier dates. I will most likely be in Montreal after Sept 6th (SUPER PARTY!) as I await my departure.
So there is only one doctor affiliated with the australian imigration office in Quebec City. Their website has it in Outremont (but with a Quebec City address ??), and they only accept cash ! Talk about sketchy... I just hope he only makes me cough once!
Last Thursday was my going away party at the Lab. It really made my departure sink-in. We had a blast (especially me!). Everyone chipped-in and they gave me a wicked sick custom Habs jersey. BIG THANKS!! Will wear it proudly in Brisbane next April when they win....
They also gave me a nice picture book with personnal messages and some Oz bucks! Merci beaucoup tout le monde!

No comments: