Sunday, October 18, 2009

Far from the center...

Good Morning from Singapore!I'm the closest I've ever been to the equator, in Singapore's Changi airport (yes I will record the direction of the toilets flushing for a future post). Changi airport is one of the best rated in the world: many cheap if not free services, beautiful decorations, wide spaces, and everything is multi-cultural. I'm planning to go on a free tour of the city, but it might be a little close to my departure time...
I just slept a few hours in a tiny hotel room in the airport, for 40$ SG. Have to download some data for my presentation in Germany next week, then I'm off to Frankfurt on a 12h flight. Singapore airlines ok so far, have yet to experience the 5th star! 
After Frankfurt, its the train to Mannheim, then back to Frankfurt on a 6h couchette, one last transfer and I'm in east Germany! 
Next post from Leipzig..

No comments: